Carnelian is an orange-red agate variety favored by jewelers. They belong to the class of stones of the chalcedony group . Carnelian has properties, unique meaning and influence on the signs of the zodiac, which is important when choosing jewelry with it.
What is Carnelian:
The carnelian or cornelian mineral stone belongs to the group of chalcedony. These in turn belong to the crypto-crystalline quartz. It has a beautiful orange-reddish color as a result of the presence of iron oxide in this precious gem.
Raw carnelian is opaque; in fact, the more the sun’s rays fall on it, the more its beautiful orange color intensifies, as well as its opacity. It is a stone that significantly increases its value the more translucent it is.
Is Carnelian and Red Agate the same
Yes, there is no difference between Carnelian and Red Agate. Carnelian and Red Agate are one and the same.
Red Agate is a variety of Carnelian. The color of Carnelian range from Red to orange to brown. Red Agate is a Red Variety of Carnelian.
Benefits of Wearing a Carnelian:
Healing effects of Wearing a Carnelian or Cornelian:
Carnelian stands out among other minerals in that official science has recognized its healing vibrations for the body.
- Given the radioactivity of the crystal, it has a positive effect on the skin, healing wounds and eliminating inflammation;
- The Egyptians ground carnelian into powder and used it to prepare medicinal potions, thanks to which a person gained strength and recovered faster. This was done during the war, when drugs were running out;
- Indian doctors have proven the fact that its vibrations have a positive effect on the genitourinary sphere, endocrine function;
- In order to normalize the work of the cardiovascular system, it is worth putting on a ring with a mineral from time to time;
- For people with problems of the musculoskeletal system, carnelian helps to overcome discomfort and helps to eliminate the disease;
- You can get rid of thyroid problems by wearing carnelian beads. Moreover, they should be close to the organ;
- In case of diseases of other internal organs, it is worth applying the sawn plates of carnelian to the desired area;
- The same method is used to improve visual acuity.
To enhance the effect of a mineral, it is worth considering the sign of the zodiac. When buying, it is important to make sure that the stone is original. Otherwise, counterfeiting will not have the desired effect.
Magical Effects of wearing a Carnelian or Cornelian:
From ancient times, the unique magical effects of the stone on the human body and its fate have been noticed. It should be understood that carnelian does not like neighborhood. Other stones in the bow will only prevent it from manifesting itself.
- The ability of a mineral to prolong life;
- Protection from the evil eye and damage;
- Endows the owner with courage. Therefore, earlier it was carried with them on campaigns by soldiers who needed this character trait;
- Gives wisdom, not allowing you to waste your energy on trifles, but the desire to concentrate on the goal;
- It should be worn by those who plan to get rid of love spells, forget their former lover. It is advisable to place figurines and other decorative items made of mineral throughout the house where the residents live. So the positive vibrations of the stone will help maintain warm relationships and fidelity in the family;
- To attract male attention, young girls should wear earrings with carnelian
- Protection from lightning and sudden death;
- As a talisman, bestows good luck in all endeavors;
- It is worth contacting him for students and people who, by duty, are obliged to work with their minds, to show ingenuity;
- A great option for speakers who often speak in public. The energy of the stone is aimed at strengthening memory and developing eloquence;
- Suitable for creative people, revealing hidden talents;
Carnelian emits a vibration that supports your creativity and your self-confidence. Ally of your Inner Child, his Energy is enthusiastic, fresh and vitaminized! Draw from Carnelian the vibration that allows you to dare, to start an ambitious project or to set yourself a new goal.
How to use Carnelian?
Sit down for a few minutes with your Stone in your hand. Breathe in and visualize the Energy of your Crystal entering your body. Visualize your intentions for your Stone.
Program Carnelian with a powerful statement like “Help my ideas flourish and my projects succeed!” and let its vibration amplify your intention. Keep your Stones with you, use them in all your intuitive or meditation practices (mindfulness, yoga ) or place them in your “Ritual corner”.
Note : Carnelian has a very special resonance with Leo and Aries – Signs of Fire – and with Taureans .
Which Zodiac Signs can wear carnelian or Cornelian:
Carnelian belongs to the universal stones that can be worn by all representatives of the zodiacal society. But there are several signs that he patronizes, strengthening his energy strength in tandem with them. He is the source of friendliness and justice. Therefore, it should be worn in court to solve problems.
- For Gemini, contact with a stone will reveal talents and soften some character traits;
- For Taurus, he will be a love amulet;
- For Leos, wearing a stone will help improve health;
- Virgo will be successful and prosperous.
How to tell if a Carnelian is Real or Fake:
Often, in order to reduce the cost of raw materials, an artificial analogue is made from plastic. Glassware is rare. But due to the high cost of production, such jewelry is produced in small quantities.
- A hard mineral is not easy to scratch, and its cheap counterpart is not difficult. Therefore, in order to be convinced of the opposite, it is worth walking on an inconspicuous area with a sharp object. The original will be safe and sound;
- Natural crystal has clear stripes;
- It is worth considering the dullness of the carnelian coating, the glass decoration will shine strongly;
- You can also test the mineral with fire. The fake will begin to emit an unpleasant odor and melt. Glassware will heat up quickly. The carnelian will be intact and the surface will take longer to heat up;
- You can try the naturalness of the decoration with acetone by wiping its surface with a cotton pad dipped in a solution. Dyed agate will show itself.
How to care for your Carnelian:
The storage of the mineral should be in a separate canvas bag. Wash, if necessary, in a soapy solution, wiping with a soft cloth after the procedure.
In the process of wearing, you should not expose jewelry to prolonged exposure to sunlight. To charge with positive energy, sometimes the stone is laid out for a couple of hours on the Sun.
History of Carnelian:
Crystals are also called cornelian. The name is quite justified, since since ancient times it has been associated with heart, blood and fire.
In the Middle Ages, it was customary to divide the mineral into female and male. This parameter was influenced by the color of the gem. For men, a stone of dark saturated shades was an excellent option, for the fair sex, on the contrary, light ones.
Archaeologists in various excavations have discovered products from this wonderful mineral in the form of figurines, jewelry, camellias and seals.
The history of the stone can be traced back to the times of Ancient Egypt, where it was dedicated to the goddess Isis. Wealthy Egyptians could afford to wear carnelian clasps in the shape of a goddess. In addition, he was considered a powerful amulet that helped stop bleeding and pacify an aggressive person.
Biblical Meaning of Carnelian:
The mention of Carnelian appears in the Bible; It is among the precious stones that adorned Aaron’s breastplate, as well as being one of the twelve fundamental precious stones in the wall of Jerusalem.
How is Carnelian Formed:
The formation of the stone is associated with volcanic processes in lava flows and areas near the mouth of the volcano. It acquires its color in the upper layers of the cooled mass, under the influence of ultraviolet radiation. Due to prolonged heating, the density of atoms changes.
Where is Carnelian Found:
Deposits of high-quality minerals have been found in the USA, India, Crimea. Under the influence of sunlight, the brown crystals take on a beautiful chestnut hue.
The most valuable are the red samples that are mined in the Gobi Desert.
Where is Carnelian Used:
It should be noted that this is an inexpensive ornamental stone that everyone can afford. From it, jewelers make beautiful jewelry that is no less popular than expensive items. It is also widely used by artisans for inlay work.
Properties of carnelian or Red agate:
Carnelian are chalcedony formations. Most specimens are uneven in color and striped in structure. White-striped Carnelian specimens are called sardonyx . Uniformly colored specimens are rarely found in nature.
|Density||2.6 g / cm³|
|Refractive indices||1.530 – 1.539|
|Chemical formula||SiO 2.|
|Colors||Red, Orange, brown|